Books + Coffee = Happiness

Saturday 12 January 2013

...And here we go again

Listening to: I Swear - Group S
Feeling: Resigned
Well, it's back to school again. Big sigh. My glorious 3 and a half week break is done. Although going back to school is tiring, I'm usually pretty excited about the first few days of a new semester. It's like getting a clean slate all over again. Meeting new people, taking new classes etc. So I guess I should enjoy the new-ness while it lasts because I'm definitely sure that I'll be singing a different tune in a few weeks... when the first batch of midterms come (speaking of which, I have 3 in a row within 3 days UGH).

Haven't posted what I've been doing for the last few days before school started, so I'll do that now. Mainly visited friends and going to last minute get togethers. Everyone seems to like cramming events in that last week before school. It's been tiring, but it's been fun.

Cute keychain felt plushies that I made for my high school friends during a gathering at a friend's house. Each took about ~2-3 hours depending on complexity.

Ticket to Ride Europe version! I love this game so much despite it being only my second time playing this game. We played it at my uni friend's birthday party with teams. Great chance to meet people that you don't know by being on a team with them. I was Team Red and you can see my and my partner's train path on the board.

So the first week has gone and passed. It's been pretty good so far since the first few days are a warmup for the course. I'm taking math, physics, statistics and english! Ugh, 3 number-filled classes, but I think english will be a nice change of pace. Especially since we're doing Classical Greek Tragedies! It's a drama class, but I think I'll like it. The prof is super cool (all of my profs for this semester seem to be pretty good) and the workload seems fairly decent. 2 pages on each of the six plays we'll be doing.
The other day, I found this english otome game called X-Note and it's been my obsession for the past three days. I finally completed it yesterday. It's a pretty interesting game involving mystery while being a visual novel and dating sim. Basically, it's about a girl with psychic powers who gets hired as a PI for a school. Wanting to find the truth about her deceased mother's X-Note file, she agrees to the job and finds a lot more than she signed on for.

This is probably the first visual novel game that I've played, since my other dating sim games involve more running around and finding stuff. But let's just say that my first end result in this game was pretty shocking considering I died. But once I got the hang of choosing the right answers, it's a pretty good game.



(Left to right: Yuon's Path, Anon's Path, Oure's Path and Miscellanous stuff)

First path? Obviously Yuon's. Mysterious, cool-calm-collected, prodigy... what more can you ask for? Next was Anon's. If he wasn't so perverted, he'd be a cool character to end up with, but he's surprisingly pretty sweet. And finally, Oure!! Oure's so adorable and innocent, but a little too dopey. I wish Rexus (the red-haired character) was available as one of the paths you can take, but he remains the mysterious saviour throughout the game. Each guy has some sort of dark secret, though they range in terms of seriousness. Some of their dark pasts are seriously screwed up and traumatic. Each guy is somehow connected with the other guys and it was pretty cool to find the truth.




2 comments:

  1. Join the club with the massive midterm thing. I have 4 in 3 days, let me cry. And those plushies look so cute!

    How did you get a hold of X-Note? I was trying to find it (as I know zeiva on deviantart made it but you had to buy it) for free haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch... that sounds dreadful! All of mine are before reading break which is Feb 11-15. So I guess it's nice that I don't have to worry about exams during my break. Thanks!! The bear doughnut one took the longest, but it's the cutest.

      As for X-Note, there are always workarounds... you just gotta be creative. ;)

      Delete