Books + Coffee = Happiness

Saturday 30 June 2012

Long weekend.. yes!!

Listening to: Take Off - 2PM
Feeling: Content
Ah, the long weekend. Finally. Waking up every school day at 6:30am was starting to take its toll on me. But thankfully, the weekend is here so I can catch up on sleep. Last night, I went to the night market with some friends and watched a cosplay fashion show. Some of the cosplays were really awesome. I really liked one who did cosplay of a character from Pandora Hearts and wielded this really cool red scythe. Another that I loved was Snow Villiers from FFXIII. There were some singing performances that I didn't like as much, but it was kinda cool that I could name some of the songs that they sang. There was a trivia thing going on where you could win tickets and I was tempted to go up, but I was worried that I wouldn't know the answers, so I didn't bother. Unfortunately, the questions were generally pretty easy such as, "What is the color of Charizard?" and "Who is the main character from Dragonball Z?" The girl who went up got the first question but was unable to answer the second, which resulted in me banging my head against KS' shoulder repeatedly. 

In between shows, we went around the stalls and bought some stuff. I stopped at this stall that sold really cool necklaces. Coincidentally, I was wearing a very similar style of necklace because my awesome sister had gotten it for me overseas, but I bought another necklace that had the eiffel tower on it.  


I also had for the first time, a potato hurricane stick. There were several seasonings you could choose such as Salt & Ketchup, Salt & Vinegar, Korean Spicy, White Cheese, Cheddar Cheese etc. But as a big fan of ketchup and potatos, that's what I chose. Eating it wasn't as hard as I thought. All you had to do was to kind of peel it away from the spiral. And had a red bean taiyaki, which is a japanese fish-shaped pastry, which was pretty good.

So yeah, yesterday was pretty awesome. What should I do today? It's kinda cold and grey outside, so I settled for making some instant miso soup and curling up on the computer chair and wrote for my fanfic. Should probably be doing some bio textbook reading, but I'll do that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment