Books + Coffee = Happiness

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Studying and not

Listening to: Home to Stay - Josh Groban
Feeling: Distracted
Well today, I broke my rule of not going to the library, but I didn't get any books. Just some cds that I had hoped would give me something to listen to while I study. I prefer listening to stuff that I don't know well when I'm studying because I won't have to fight the urge to hum along. So in my cd pile, there was an album by Josh Groban. A few months ago, out of random nostalgia (of probably The Quest of Camelot), I went to look up a live performance of "The Prayer" by Celine Dion and stumbled onto a video of one of her and her duet with Josh Groban. It can be found below:


To my pleasant surprise, I found that he had a very deep, smooth, rich, manly voice which drew me in immediately. So when I spotted his album at my library, I picked it up without hesitation.

Later, when I decided to study for my chem exam that's on Friday, I popped this cd into the player and any hopes of studying vanished. Wow, oh wow. His voice is sooooooo beautiful! It gave me goosebumps and totally distracted me. Especially when he's singing in a non-English language. It just flows together so perfectly. *o* I'll definitely be listening to this cd many more times before I return it (and preferably NOT when I'm supposed to be studying :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment