Books + Coffee = Happiness

Saturday 28 April 2012

Procrastinating....

Listening to: My Boy - Secret
Feeling: Displeased
So many things to do, but most still have yet to be done. Such as scholarship essay, fanfic writing and those book reviews that I've been meaning to get done. Well, I can say that my break wasn't entirely unproductive. I did manage to clean a huge portion of my room (such as conquering the area underneath my bed... whew!), search for my textbooks, check out the main campus and classroom locations, some reading, saw The Hunger Games (which I thought was fairly well done for a book-turned-movie, though I think it'd be better if it wasn't one so I would go: "Took this out, took that out. Changed that etc.") and finished the entire first season and first movie of Fullmetal Alchemist (just a re-watch, but enjoyed it nevertheless).

But yeah, fanfic writing... I suck as an author. I really can't keep my deadlines. It'll have been nearly a month since I last updated and I promised that I would soon. Somehow, I managed to get the first few pages down, just gotta get the rest. All the ideas are there, but it's difficult to connect them together. As well as all the feelings that the characters feel. Half the time, I usually go: "I can't believe there's people who want to read this", but I'm truly grateful for people who enjoy my stories. Only way to keep me going, honestly. 

As for scholarship essay? I should be able to do 500 words or less in a matter of 2 days. It's just that it's been nearly a year since I last wrote an essay, so I'll definitely be rusty. But I'll give it my best shot. Once this and my fanfic chapter is done and over with, I can definitely say that the weight will be taken off of me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment