Books + Coffee = Happiness

Saturday 10 March 2012

Novella Review: Niederwald - Rachel Vincent

Published September 20, 2011 by Harper Collins

This is my second time re-reading Niederwald, but my feelings haven't changed since the first time I read it. After reading Soul Screamers #4, My Soul to Steal, the first time around, I wasn't Sabine's biggest fan. But I had to admit that it was refreshing to get such a different character to Kaylee. And here in Niederwald, we got a chance to see into Sabine's mind after being reunited with Nash.

I don't remember every detail of My Soul to Steal, since it has been a little over a year since I last read it, but I didn't remember much detail about how Sabine found Nash, and here we found out how. I think it's very admirable of Sabine to go to such depth for the guy that she genuinely loved. Sabine's feisty and rather flamboyant, but it must have taken a lot of courage to go into a nest of harpies and expect to exit unharmed. Especially after knowing what they liked to do in their spare time. Although I highly doubt that Sabine and Emma would be painting each others nails anytime soon, but I could definitely see some sort of relationship forming between them. I wouldn't say “friends” exactly, but at least it was the type of bond where you could count on the other person to have your back when you're in danger. Trust is the first step to any relationship.

My favorite part of this novella besides getting to know Sabine a little better is to find out a delicious secret that was revealed to Kaylee in If I Die. For those who've read the series, you guys will definitely know what I mean. ;)

Source: Owned
My Rating: 4 coffee cups (Enjoyed it immensely)

No comments:

Post a Comment